Our Community Hub is the town centre Hub for Community Enterprises, at 4 Fore Street.
- Holds a Local Produce Market on the 1st and 3rd Friday of every month
- Is a Community Shop, and promotes local makers by selling their handmade gifts on their behalf
- Is the central hub for the SaltashCard, a local discount card to help promote Shop Local
- Is a meeting place for Dementia Voice PL12, who meet every Tuesday 10am – 1pm for a drop-in cafe
- Is a central point for bookings for the Community hopper buses
- Sells a range of eco-friendly, plastic-alternative products
- Is a champion for Plastic Free Saltash; helping to promote awareness of, & decrease usage of, single-use plastics
- Is partly manned by volunteers from the community
- Runs workshops, to help reduce isolation & loneliness in the community
- Is involved in the organisation of community events, to help promote the town centre
- Is an information hub for local organisations, groups, charities
- Is a recycling centre for numerous recycling schemes; proceeds go towards local environmental projects
- Is a collection point for the Saltash FoodBank
- Sells produce grown by the Saltash Gardening Group; proceeds go towards environmental projects such as planting apple trees around the town.
The Hub is pivotal to many community initiatives in Saltash. The CIC is run entirely by Volunteers (the Hub Manager is the only paid employee) and the Hub is manned by volunteers, who all work together and give their time freely to achieve a better working & leisure environment centred around Fore Street.
No 4 Fore Street had previously been empty for around 25 years, and was a tired, neglected and unwelcome landmark as you entered Saltash and Cornwall. Our vision was to transform the eyesore, create a community information hub, and provide a low-cost opportunity for local makers and start-up businesses to test their ideas and showcase their wares.
Community Enterprises was defined by the Neighbourhood Plan, over a decade ago. Community Enterprises was set up as a community initiative 13 years ago, bringing together local retailers, town and county councillors, business owners & the general public. The Community Shop developed organically as a result of this unique partnership, and has been an invaluable Hub for the Community Enterprises project.
The project has impacted on our area in numerous ways, including raising awareness & helping with health matters such as loneliness, isolation & dementia; helped the community interact & form diverse friendships; helped promote the town centre; generated a feeling of pride & belonging within the community. We’re all very proud of what we have achieved, and have ambitious goals for the future for transformational projects.
Our moto is "Together We Can; Together We Do." This summarises our ambitions and aspirations.
Opening Times; Monday, Tuesday 9am – 1pm
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 9am – 2pm.
Closed Sundays & Bank Holidays.